As stated in some of my former Blogs I am a heavy user of n-Track for various purposes. Version 7 has been just announced so I started immediately the download and installation of the 64-bit version for Windows 7 64-bit running on a fully fledged HP xw8400 Workstation to begin my testing.
My first impression is that n-track has released a solid version and really improved usability and stability a lot. For me using various VST Libraries especially the new plugin enhancements are highly appreciated.
And another good news is that for registered n-Track V6 users the upgrade has been announced to be free of charge.
So what's new in version 7?
- Use your 32 plugins and instruments in the 64 bit version of n-Track.
- Works with VST, VST3, DirectX (Windows) and AU (Mac) plugins and instruments.
- Sandbox plugins or instruments in a separate process: if a plugin crashes n-Track doesn't, and you don't risk loosing your work
- Timeline can now show master, aux, group and instrument channels, avoid to edit envelopes on top of unrelated tracks
- Improved compatibility with VST3 and VST2.x plugins. See the Plug-in Compatibility Chart
- Quicker, smaller installer, doesn't require to uninstall before reinstalling
- nEfx Compressor with side-chain input
- nEfx Tube distortion plugin
- Many other improvements and bug fixes